Power Mission Manager and Contract Specialist Training (By Invitation Only)
Temporary Power training will take place at the USACE Readiness Support Center (201 St. Michael Street, Mobile, AL 36602) on Tuesday, 18 May through Thursday, 20 May. For questions, please email Christopher.S.Dresel@usace.army.mil for more information.
Travel Days: Monday, 17 May & Friday, 21 May
Training Start: Tuesday, 18 May at 0800 CST
Training End: Thursday, 20 May at 1700 CST
- All participants should wear their red USACE Operations shirts or shirts with the embroidered Temp Power logo. Military folks may sport the appropriate military duty attire (e.g. ACU).
- Hotel: Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile-Downtown Historic District
Group Name: Corps. POW Training
Group Code: POW
Arrival Date: 17-May-2021
Departure Date: 21-May-2021
Call 251-436-8787 with Group Code "POW"
It is important to use the USACE room block (POW) rather than simply booking at the government rate.
Click Here: Direct Hotel Booking Link for Temporary Power
If you do not wish to secure a room at the Hampton Inn, here is a list of other lodging establishments that are within walking distance:
- -Hilton Garden Inn - 15 N Conception St, Mobile, AL 36602 (251) 345-4505
- -The Battel House Renaissance Mobile Hotel - 26 N Royal St, Mobile, AL 36602 (251) 338-2000
-Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel - 64 S Water St, Mobile, AL 36602 (251) 438-4000
- -The Admiral, a Wyndham Hotel - 251 Government St, Mobile, AL 36602 (251) 432-8000
- Itt is highly recommended that you secure your ground transportation arrangements before you travel by reserving a car service, shuttle, taxi, Uber, etc. Here is a link to available resources: https://www.mobileairportauthority.com/mra/transportation/
- Training Day Schedule:
- Meals / Lunch:
- For any additional questions, please contact Sara Lee, Training Coordinator at Sara.C.Lee@usace.army.mil or 251-591-7432.
- Training days are Tue, Wed, and Thurs; 18-20 May 2021.
Training will commence promptly at 0800 at the Readiness Support Center (RSC).
Daily schedule will be from 0800 – 1700 CST with a 1-hour lunch break. Periodic breaks will be scheduled into the agenda.
- Plenty of establishments are open for breakfast/lunch and are within walking distance of the RSC. Likewise, for evening meals, many establishments serving meals are within walking distance from points of lodging.
- As the pandemic is still a threat to our wellness, our group will abide by the latest published protocols. We will do our best to maintain social distancing while in training sessions as well as wear masks while on USG property. For the POH folks that may need a test to allow expeditious return to the islands, recommend scheduling the test with a local provider that meets the results window for your return trip. Per the JTR, the fees for the test can be included on your travel voucher as an authorized expense.